Sauk Trails Optimist Club - Madison currently has 45 members. We have weekly lunch meetings at the Radisson in Madison, where we enjoy a variety of speakers, enjoy each others company, and have a lot of fun sharing in 'Happy Dollars' which go to our 501c3 Foundation for the youth. Following are some of our many yearly activities:
- Sponsoring and supporting a Spartan Youth Service JOOI Team of over 200 youth.
(The JOOI Team provides many hours of community service each year).
- Support the Reach-A-Child program not only with yearly funding but also with monthlly volunteering.
(Back-packs with books are given to first time responders to use in 'tragic' situations affecting youth.)
- Sponsoring and supporting a yearly Chistmas program with gifts for over 100 kids at the Lussier Community.
- Providing scholarships to youth who are good students and have provided service in their communities.
- Honoring officers through an annual Respect for Law program.
- Providing optimists and JOOI youth support in the running of Special Track Olympics in Oregon, Wi.
We have quarterly Social events, where potential future members are invited to learn more about our club.
Our newsletters & weekly communication provides a lot of information of the clubs continued activities.
October 2016 News
November 2016 News
December 2016 News
January 2017 News
February 2017 News
March 2017 News
April 2017 News
May 2017 News
June 2017 News
July 2017 News
August 2017 News
September 2017 News