Comfort Inn & Suites
5025 County Road V (Interstate 94 > County Road V)
Call before Thursday, July 28, 2022, use Optimist Club 4236762 Group: 608-846-9100
Group Rate $82. (One discount room per registration).
Conference and Lunch Registration CLOSED Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 3:15 PM.
Lunch Choices: (Also includes a salad, rolls, and Coffee/Ice Water).
- Beef medallions, garlic mashed potatoes with green vegetable;
- Vegetarian options - either Kalamata olive & artichoke Caesar salad / or vegetarian lasagna.
- Children's menu for under 12 - chicken tenders with chips
- Gluten free - plated club sandwich for optimists and First Timers.
EXECUTIVE MEETING AGENDA for AUGUST 12, 2022, 7 PM Exec_Mtg_2022
SCHEDULE_at_a_GLANCE, AUGUST 13, 2022 7 - 3:30 PM Sch_Glance_2022
SWIS Executive Meeting:
Friday, August 12:
7:00 PM Executive Committee Meeting
8:00-10:30 PM Hospitality: Food, Fellowship, Fizz & Frivolity
SWIS Convention 2022:
Saturday, August 13:
7:00-8:00 AM Past Governors’ Breakfast
8:00-9:30 AM Registration (Continental breakfast)
9:30 AM Convene Conference
Color Guard – Sun Prairie Cub Scout Pack 879
Pledge of Allegiance
Invocation – Past Governor Steve Bailey
Governors' Comments – “What Inspires My Optimism; What Inspires Yours?”
In Memoriam – Those Who Have Gone On
New Member Awards; Special Presentation / Recognition
10:45 AM Break
11:00 AM A Wagon Load of Optimism – Governor John Fons
12:00 NOON Lunch – Featured Music: Waunakee Big Band
1:00 PM SWIS Governor 2020-21 Maxine Lane: Awards and Reflections
1:45 PM Break
2:00 PM Installation SWIS District Officers 2022-23
Regional VP Josh Zaidel: “Optimism: Better Together”, presiding
SWIS District Governor 2022-23 - Jo’El Pearlman
2:30 PM OI Foundation Raffle
3:00 PM Business Meeting
Finance Committee - Treasurer's Report; 3rd Quarter Minutes
3:30 PM Optimist Creed – Closing Prayer – Adjournment
How to register:
- Register and Pay Online:
Online registration is open during the registration dates shown above. When open, use the blue 'Register Online' button to submit your registration and pay online using our secure checkout process. This is our preferred choice as it allows us to manage the registrations and payment much more easily.
- Register Online, then Pay By Mail, Phone, or at the Conference:
Register during the open registration dates using the blue Register Online button. During the checkout process - simply select the option to Pay By Mail/Phone, or Pay At The Door. If you prefer to phone-in, mail, or pay at the door - by registering online you help us plan the necessary conference accommodations, make name badges in advance, coordinate seating and meals based on the number of members and guests registered in advance.
3. Just show up: Last minute attendees are always welcome at the door. (Please note current concerns related to food price increases and supply chain concerns. While we prefer the online process so we can plan based on the number of people registering, we'll always have a door registration person at the conference and welcome walk- ins.
Our online registration process has changed. So if you have any difficulty registering online, please use our Contact Us form. We'll be happy to help you register, and see if we need to tweak things to make it easier for everyone!
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!