We will began our amazing year with a first quarter conference combined with our awesome WINUM District at the Heidel House Resort on October 12-13th
This will be a Special Venue starting with a Walk/Run for Childhood Cancer on Friday night and continuing with Speakers, more training on our Centennial year, Team Building, our Legacy, New Club Building, learning about a Service Project and so much more. We will be ending the conference on Saturday Night with a Sunset Cruise on Green Lake!
My theme this year is “Make Awesomeness Happen”. I chose this theme because we all do amazing work in our clubs for the youth in our communities and we all make this awesomeness happen! How are we going to make this happen? We will make this happen through the following goals;
- Growth with forming New Clubs. We also need to continue to Recruit new members and retention in existing clubs.
- Incentive Programs on New Service Projects. Service projects are the best way to recruit new members.
- We will have 100 day Growth challenges and celebrate these at future conferences.
- Identifying SWIS Stars. This is similar to the Optimist International Rookie Rock Star award.
- Marketing campaign with Digital/Social Media to include powerful Optimist stories.
- Partnerships - Collaborating with other service organizations and with other non-profits/businesses to expand our reach and impact.
- Leadership/training - Increase attendance at conferences and identify and develop leaders.
Again, thank you for having me serve as your Governor for the 2018-19 Optimist year. “We will “Make Awesomeness Happen” during this Centennial year! I am looking forward to meeting with as many clubs as I can and to learn more about how awesome Optimist club members are.
DID YOU KNOW: Our Milwaukee Club was the 9th Club established 100 years ago and therefore our SWIS District Number is ‘09’.
Maureen Crombie, GOVERNOR SWIS District 2018-2019